And – Beyond Volcano Bay – Virtual Lines and
App-Based Ticketing Begin to Enhance the Guest Experience
Guests at Universal’s Volcano Bay – the innovative water theme park set to open on May 25th – will experience an entirely new level of freedom and fun as they enjoy the park with friends and family.
With Volcano Bay, Universal set out to create a water theme park entertainment experience unlike any other. It talked with guests about what they like and don’t like when it comes to water parks. And it designed the waterproof TapuTapu wearable to enhance fun and remove hassles.
Volcano Bay guests will use their TapuTapu wearable, which is included with admission, to virtually wait in line for rides while enjoying other areas of the park – converting their “queue” experience into a float down a peaceful, winding river or a quick bite to eat. Their wearable will simply alert them when it’s time for their ride. Or, they can enjoy many TapTu Play experiences throughout the park – triggering special effects like controlling streams of water spurting from whales in Tot Tiki Reef, shooting water cannons at guests snaking down Kopiko Wai Winding River, illuminating images in the volcano’s hidden caves and more.
And today, Universal announced even more brand new TapuTapu features – all designed to give guests more freedom as they enjoy Volcano Bay.
- TapTu Pay: Guests can make purchases throughout the entire park with their TapuTapu wearable, eliminating the need for cash, credit cards or a wallet.
- TapTu Snap/My Universal Photo Access: Guests can take advantage of special interactive photo opportunities and selfie-spots throughout the park as well as photo opportunities on Volcano Bay’s attractions. Their wearable will automatically sync those photos to their account so that guests can view, share and purchase them at their convenience.
- Locker Access: After renting their lockers, guests will be able to access them with a touch of their TapuTapu wearable.
The best way for guests to take advantage of TapuTapu’s benefits is to create an account. Account setup is quick and easy and can be done at any time through the Official Universal Orlando Resort app or at Universal Orlando’s website. For more information about Volcano Bay or to set up an account, visitwww.universalorlando.com/volcanobay.
TapuTapu is specifically designed for use within Universal’s Volcano Bay. But the theme park destination is also working to give its guests more freedom and fun across all its theme parks. Examples include:
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, the first attraction at Universal Studios Florida to feature a Virtual Line experience. Guests spend less time in line and more time enjoying themselves across the theme park. The virtual line system is accessible via the Official Universal Orlando Resort app or at kiosks outside the attraction entrance.
- Mobile-based purchases and redemption of all tickets via the Official Universal Orlando Resort app, eliminating the need for physical tickets to enter Universal Orlando’s theme parks. This allows guests to store, organize and access their tickets from the Guest’s Wallet in the app so they can bypass the ticket booth and go directly to the front entrance. This benefit, implemented earlier this year, has now been extended to include Universal Orlando Resort Annual Passholders.
Using the Official Universal Orlando Resort app, all guests can now plan their visit, browse ticket options and purchase their tickets from their mobile device. Admission, dining, photo package options and premium experiences can now be directly accessed from the app.