CONFISCO GRILLE AT UNIVERSAL’S ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE EXPLORES NEW DISHES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
New Executive Chef Brings Fresh Flavors to a Restaurant That has been Serving Adventure for Nearly 20 Years
Confisco Grille at Universal’s Islands of Adventure has a new eclectic menu featuring a variety of dishes inspired by flavors from across the globe. The new Executive Chef of Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Jason Glus, and his team created the new menu by re-visiting the story behind the venue.
Since Universal’s Islands of Adventure first opened in 1999, the restaurant has served as a resting spot for explorers coming through the Port of Entry. And now, the all-new dishes reflect their worldwide travels. Glus is infusing a mixture of global cuisines from Asia, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Poland and more into the reimagined menu. Some of the new menu items include:
- Pork Belly Banh-Mi Sandwich: Roasted pork belly, pickled carrots, daikon radish and cucumber topped with a chile aioli on a French baguette
- Chilled Tuna Noodle Bowl: Sesame seared yellowfin tuna, soba noodles, green onion, avocado, edamame, cucumber and a wasabi-ponzu dressing
- Grilled Lamb Meatballs: Grilled spiced lamb meatballs with tzatziki sauce, tomato-cucumber relish, feta cheese and mint chimichurri
- Sweet and Sour Sticky Ribs: Philippine-inspired smoked pork ribs tossed in a sweet and sour sauce, served over goat cheese polenta and topped with toasted sesame seeds
- Chicken Curry Chakra: Caribbean chicken curry, carrots, onions, peppers, raisins and coconut jasmine rice
And, this is just a taste of what guests can enjoy at Confisco Grille and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, which was recently named the #1 Amusement Park in the World for the fifth year in a row as part of TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards.