The Seven Seas Food Festival is back at SeaWorld San Diego! We here at TPD are incredibly happy to see the event return and also see SeaWorld re-open its gates to visitors from all around SoCal. With over 125 different offerings from Around The World, our stomachs are already growling for the food and drink offerings for this event. Below, you will find all the information for the Seven Seas Food Festival, including the safety guidelines and precautions. Be Warned! YOU WILL BE HUNGRY BY THE END OF THIS ARTICLE!
Modified with enhanced health and safety measures, guests are in for a treat with new chef- and mixologist-crafted menus, live musical performances, and more than 125 flavors to sample and sip!
SeaWorld is bringing back international flavors, amazing beverage tastings and live music performances with the return of Southern California’s fan favorite Seven Seas Food Festival. The event will run every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from March 5th through May 2nd, with the park’s enhanced health and safety measures, including limited capacity, reservations, increased cleaning and sanitation, temperature checks, and face covering requirements. In addition to the tasty bites and delicious drinks, guests can safely enjoy three live music stages and all of their favorite outdoor animal exhibits, including dolphins, sea lions, bat rays, bamboo sharks, flamingos, sea otters, turtles, and more. SeaWorld San Diego reopened as a zoo earlier this month with 100 acres of expansive open-air grounds.
After a year of limits on international travel, San Diego’s popular culinary event will offer foodies and families the widest variety of chef- and mixologist-curated tastes inspired by cultures from across the Seven Seas. Guests can plan a safe, limited-capacity visit to the park, where they can embark on an international flavor journey inspired by the tastes and smells of the Mediterranean, Polynesia, Mexico, the Caribbean, France, Italy and beyond. With more than 125 fresh flavors from around the world, guests can taste everything from the most indulgent desserts to the park’s all-new savory Vegan bites. In addition to the amazing food, this year’s festival includes SeaWorld’s most expansive beverage menu ever with more than 25 specially curated cocktails, zero proof cocktails and wines, and a selection of more than 75 craft beers from California and beyond.
“We are excited to bring back this popular fan favorite event to San Diego, complete with new menu items, live music and a safe, outdoor experience for the whole family,” said Marilyn Hannes, President of SeaWorld San Diego. “In addition to our incredible outdoor animal exhibits and presentations, the return of Seven Seas gives our guests more options to make new, lasting memories with family and friends.”
Guests can sip and sample “around the world” with international dishes, craft beers, wines, and specialty alcoholic and zero proof cocktails at unique festival marketplaces:
- All-New Vegan Market with fresh and sustainable bites: New Jackfruit Sloppy Joes and Tempura Mushrooms & Green Beans with a Miso Glaze & Furikakeand IMPOSSIBLE Meat Sliders.
- Tastes of Polynesia: Take a trip through the islands with favorite flavors, including the Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl with Chili Dressing,the hearty Kahlua Pork Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw, served up with new Hawaiian Pineapple Express and tropical cocktail pairing like the Blue Hawaiian.
- Culinary trip through Mexico: Explore regional favorites with a fun twist,including Beef Barbacoa Taco, Brisket Nachos, Mexican Roasted Corn, and Mango Margarita with Milagro Tequila, Chamoy, and Tajín Rim.
- Spice it up with some Caribbean heat: Take your taste buds on an exploration withSmoked Jamaican St. Louis Ribs, Jerk Chicken Sliders, Key Lime Pie and the Caribbean Sunrise tropical drink.
- Hearty Italian fan-favorites: Savory Fontina Cheese Meatballs with Pomodoro Sauce,comfortingMama’s Rigatoni with Braised Mushrooms, plus Caprese Salad for a lighter option and Tiramisu for a sweet finale.
- Tasty French flavors and sparkling cocktails: Goat Cheese Croquettes, Grilled Lamb Chop, Golden Dusted Chocolate Mousse and Macaroon, complete with a French Kiss Cocktail or Sparkling St Tropez.
- Magnificent Mediterranean bites: Lamb Slider, Hummus & Parmesan Garlic Fries, and Greek Yogurt & Honey with Poached Berries
- Delectable treats and sweets: Experience the ultimate in adult popsicles with Cutwater Frozen Margarita Popsicles, and sweet spins on delectable desserts such as Sweet Beignets with Bourbon Caramel, and Duo of Tropical Cheesecakes
- Explore a wide array of globally inspired and mixologist-curated cocktails: Taste around with the globe with theSantorini POM Cocktail, Bay Magic Cocktail, Tropical Hurricane, Hawaiian Pineapple Express, Mango or Original Micheladas and Frozen Margaritas
- Signature brews, seltzers and wine: Craft beer from word-renowned San Diego-born breweries such as Hess, Pizza Port, Stone, Ballast Point, Green Flash, and many others, as well as Domestic & International beer favorites, plus Main & Vine Wine Spritzers, Hawaiian Hard Seltzers, and Benziger wines
- Sip with a purpose: This year, SeaWorld has proudly partnered with even more companies that give back to local communities and animal conservation efforts: Braveheart Brewery, Beso Del Sol, and more.
A complete menu of the Seven Seas Food Festival dishes and drinks can be found online at www.seaworld.com/san-diego/events/seven-seas-food-festival/.
Best Way to Savor and Sip
Discover boundless combinations of food and drink selections with a Seven Seas Food Festival Tasting Lanyard. Guests can embark on their culinary journey with a 10-sample lanyard starting at only $60 or take it up a notch with the fan favorite 15-sample lanyard for the best savings. The purchase of a date-specific ticket is also required. Please visit www.seaworldsandiego.com/tickets for more details.
SeaWorld San Diego Annual Pass Members also get the VIP treatment with even more flavor and savings with their 3 free samples with the purchase of a 15-sample lanyard. This special Annual Pass Seven Seas lanyard can be purchased by logging onto the Pass Member Portal online. Pass Members and Fun Card Holders are not required to purchase a Seven Seas lanyard to visit the park.
SeaWorld’s Annual Passes are available starting as low as $10.25 per month for a limited time. The new “Best Benefits Ever” include unlimited admission for all of 2021, FREE parking, up to 50 percent off in-park purchases, and access to special rewards. Guests can also “pay for a day” and get a 2021 Fun Card good for unlimited admission* for all of 2021 for the price of general admission.
Move and Groove to Live Performances
Along with delicious eats, Seven Seas will feature three live music stages and an exciting trip to the Pacific islands, with the sights and sounds of the new Polynesian dance presentation —all included with theme park admission.
- Polynesia Dance Presentation: Experience the heart-pounding energy and lyrical beauty of Polynesian dance and music with the premiere of SeaWorld San Diego’s Polynesia Dance Presentation, complete with atmospheric Hawaiian traditional music, hula dancers and live musicians.
- Three Live Music Stages: Talented musicians will perform physically distanced performances at various times throughout the day, including the relaxing sounds of acoustic guitarists and the upbeat rhythms of jazz trios spaced out around the park.
Outdoor Animal Exhibits & Presentations
SeaWorld San Diego reopened as a zoo on February 6th. Guests can again safely enjoy all their favorite outdoor animal exhibits, attend SeaWorld’s renowned live educational presentations to learn more about dolphins, sea lions, and orcas, and check out the park’s newest presentation, Rescue Tails! This exciting and educational, new addition shares the story of SeaWorld’s Conservation Ambassadors, animal care and rescue stories at the Nautilus Amphitheater with physically distant seating. Guests are encouraged to keep checking the park website for schedule changes and updates as additional opening days and times may be added.
Health & Safety
In compliance with state safety guidelines for zoos, SeaWorld will continue to operate with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements, and temperature screenings. To give guests ample space for a physically distanced visit, reservations and date-specific tickets must be purchased online and in advance of each visit to manage capacity. Each ticket includes park entry, and access to all outdoor animal exhibits and presentations. The number of tickets available each day is limited and are on sale now.
To learn more about SeaWorld San Diego’s enhanced health and safety measures and what guests can expect when they arrive at the park, they can visit www.seaworldsandiego.com/safety.