General Election 2020:
Cast Your Vote
As we all know, Voters have been turning out in record numbers across the country for this years Presidential election. Regardless of your political affiliation or beliefs, it’s truly imperative that you exercise your civic duty. Lucky for us, Universal CityWalk is partnering with Los Angeles County to serve as an official vote center for the general election. Since the pandemic has started, Citywalk has been handling safety almost perfectly. It’s no surprise that the city would utilize this safe space for the upcoming election so all Angelinos can cast their votes. Below you’ll find more information regarding this new announcement and all the safety precautions Universal has been taking in order to keep guests safe.
Universal CityWalk Partners with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk to Serve as an Official Vote Center for the General Election
Universal CityWalk is teaming with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk to serve as an official voting location for the upcoming General Election. Any Los Angeles County voter can securely cast their ballot in- person beginning Saturday, October 24 through Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Free self-parking will be available to all visitors during this voting period.
The Vote Center at Universal CityWalk will also serve as a Vote by Mail Drop Box for all voters who prefer to return their voted mail-in ballot in-person.
Voting will take place in an area of the Jurassic Parking structure. All visitors arriving to vote will be required to wear face coverings. Voting details are as follows:
October 24th – November 2nd 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
November 3rd – 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
“We’re proud to partner with the Los Angeles County Registrar Office to engage L.A. county residents in the election process as they cast their ballots and make their voices heard,” said Karen Irwin, President and COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “As one of L.A. County’s diverse cultural epicenters, we are thrilled to have Universal CityWalk be a Vote Center for residents to fulfill their civic duty.”
“I’m grateful to Universal CityWalk,” said Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, “and all our vote centers for providing in-person voting options. Vote by mail is a reliable and convenient option, but for those people who want the experience of dropping off or casting their ballot at a vote center, the new Universal CityWalk vote center is a great additional option for those who live or work near Universal City.”
“I am pleased to announce Universal CityWalk will serve as a Vote Center in the Presidential General Election,” said Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Dean Logan. “Voters can receive the Hollywood experience as they safely cast their ballot in-person at CityWalk. It’s partnerships like this that strengthen our democracy and community efforts to enfranchise safe and accessible in-person voting.”
For information about voting in LA County visit https://www.lavote.net/.
Universal CityWalk is open daily from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Temperature checks will be required for those voters extending their stay to CityWalk.
Universal CityWalk continues to work closely with local health and government officials to implement new health and safety procedures that include controlled capacity to enforce physical distancing. Health and safety protocols are outlined below, highlighted in this video and detailed on the Universal Studios Hollywood website.
- Temperature checks for all Guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, Guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all Guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled occupancy on CityWalk and at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations and all high touch points areas.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout CityWalk.
- Cashless payments and “no touch” policies wherever possible.Universal Studios Hollywood remains temporarily closed. Universal Orlando’s theme parks, CityWalk and hotels are now open.Please visit the Universal CityWalk website or the Universal Studios Hollywood official app for updated information.More information about Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios Hollywood is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Regular updates can be found on Universal Studios Hollywood’s Twitter @UniStudios, Facebook-Universal Studios Hollywood and Instagram @UniStudios.
Early Voting at CityWalk Begins on October 24 and Continues Through Election Day on November 3
Free Self-Parking Available to All Voters